Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Charming Surprise

Wow, two surprise packages in one week?! I was so excited to get the charms from the two swaps I've been participating in, and thought I'd share with you my newest little treasure trove of goodies!

First of all, here are the ones from the Think Pink swap, hosted by Amber Dawn, where proceeds from two bracelets she made with our extra charms went to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation. The charm I sent in was a mini plastic domino that I colored with several shades of pink alcohol and gold metallic inks, gold leafing pen on the edges, then I added a rhinestone accent and covered it all with a coat of thick glaze. It's much more shimmery and jewel-like in person.

This is what it looked like when I first opened the package. I love how pretty all the unique presentations look—you can tell they were truly gifts from the heart…

And here are all the individual charms shown with credit for the wonderful artists who made them. It was such a pleasure and honor to work on this special project with everyone.


Here are the charms I received from the Black & White swap. It was hosted by Laurel Steven and she did such a great job too. Check out the fun packaging—it felt just like Christmas all over again!

A big shout out to everyone who participated in both swaps and thank you so much! You're all so incredibly creative and I can't wait to make something wonderful with these great charms!

2 comments:

  1. I received one of your fabulous Think Pink charms. Such great work. Was that Alcohol inks that you used to color the domino. That is some good stuff.
    I was also in your Black and White swap. I received them yesterday and all of them are great. Hoping to get time this weekend to put each together on bracelets.
    Take Care
    Melissa M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa!
    Yes, I used Ranger's alcohol inks in Cranberry, Wild Plum, and Gold metallic. I also used Krylon's 18K gold leaf pen on the sides, which is another of my faves to use. I just wish we could have gotten everyone's charms from this swap *sigh* And loved your B&W clock charm so much too! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...