Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feeling Charming?

I originally joined a Yahoo group called The Charmsters when I attended the Art & Soul workshops last year in Portland, OR. It was formed so we could exchange our unique handmade charms at the event, but it was so fun and successful that it's continued on, with various swaps being offered throughout the year. I don't do a lot of these, but every once in a while, I'll sign up for one that has a theme that I really love. I finished one set of charms last month for a breast cancer fund-raising event, and recently sent in some with a black and white theme.

I had a neat vintage ticket rubberstamp design that fit perfectly over a bamboo tile (cut from a placemat!) that I had spray painted white. On the back, I used two different stamps to complete the ticket theme, which I envisioned as something like for a glamorous old movie-star event. I have no idea what the foreign text says on the collage stamp, but it had the right look and I just hope it's nothing really weird?! I finished the whole thing off with clear varnish, black wire, and some elegant silver and crystal beads, and then wrapped them each up in pretty little white organza bags. I can't wait to see what I get back in return!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Lori, these charms are DARLING! I love your blog! Hurray!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very cute! What/who's stamps are those that you used?
    -N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Noralee!
    I think they all are from Purple Onion Designs? And if you or anyone else would like to make a B&W charm for me, I'll send you one of these to swap too, k? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    I came by to say thank you for participating in Amber Dawn's Think Pink Charms Exchange. I received one of your altered mini domino charms -- it's beautiful!
    Blessings!
    Cindy Ericsson
    p.s. -- Love the b&w charms, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Cindy! I tried emailing you directly, but it wouldn't go thru, so hope you get this okay? I didn't get one of yours, but am sure it was awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the B&W swap too!
    YIPPEE!! THESE ARE COOL!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...