Monday, November 17, 2008

Melting Glass

Whew! In addition to all the on-going remodeling stuff that's been going on, this past week I've been cramming in several glass bead making sessions (also known as "lampworking") for some testing I'm doing for a great company called Creation Is Messy (aka CiM). They just introduced some beautiful new glass colors and it's been so fun trying them out and learning what they can do!

I'm still a relative novice to this new hobby of mine, but I think I have a knack for it and have been improving my skills pretty quickly—whenever I get the chance to sit down and work on them, that is! I haven't had much "play" time this year, but hopefully, that will change as things start to settle down. I thought I'd share some pics of my garage studio set-up and the humongous batch of test beads I made. Most of them are just practice stuff, but some of them actually turned out pretty cool! And can you find the Snowman? It's my first ever try and I'm rather proud of him, even if his eyes look a bit like he's on drugs? LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...