Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Goodies

Now that Christmas is over, I can finally post a pic of some of the gifts I made for my family this year. I love to make handmade gifts whenever I can and I encourage my girls to do it too, since I think it makes a person feel extra special to know that you've taken the time to craft something unique, just for them. So here's some wine-stoppers, with large decorated glass balls I made added to the top of each one...

I tried to make them in colors and styles that would fit in with each family's kitchen decor, and the golf ball one was for my mom and George, who are both avid golfers. This was my first try at wine-stoppers and I am pretty proud at how they turned out, if I do say so myself! I didn't have a marble mold, so for those of you who are into lampworking, here's a little trick I used: I discovered that my metal dapping block was a great tool to create the perfectly round shapes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...