Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Beadmaker's Odyssey (Part 3 of 3)

Here's the last bunch of pics of the rest of my torching sessions to date. I hope you enjoy looking at them, and if you have any suggestions on how I can improve my skills, please don't hesitate to send a comment. And if you're a newbie like me, I hope I've inspired you to keep plugging away and have fun with it!

It's hard to see from this pic, but I challenged myself to make the 3 dotted beads on the left using 3 different shaping techniques. The tube shaped bead has some silver glass that isn't showing up well, and the bead on the right is actually little white layered flowers. They all came out great and I was so happy when I opened the kiln the next morning!
Days 23 through 28 (early November 2008): You've seen this pic before in a previous post, when I was going crazy doing the testing for Creation Is Messy (CIM)...
Day 29 (12/1/08): These beads were made for an Ivory Reaction themed bead swap I participated in on the Lampworking Etc. community board. The one in the middle was one I did during the CIM testing, but the others are all new, using Dark Ivory and Hades glass...
Days 30 & 31 (early December 2008): These beads were made at the same time I was making my wine stopper beads for possible Christmas gifts (see earlier post). It was the first time I'd attempted such a long tube bead and the Tornado bead technique, and boy, was I scared! LOL But they turned out awesome, with no cracking at all!
A close up of my Tornado bead, which has a Triton core and clear encasing. This pic doesn't do the beautiful mother-of-pearl effect justice at all...Days 32 to 37 (late January 2009): In preparation for the CHA show, I went on a frenzy of bead making over a few weeks, so I could create some jewelry pieces to show editors at the show. The best beads—which I used to create the jewelry—aren't here, but the rest look pretty darn good too! I did some fun design experimentation that I'm anxious to explore further, so I'll try and post pics of those later...A close-up of my first hollows, which I discovered are really fun and relaxing to make! I love their simple and sheer beauty...Another favorite bead from these sessions, using Vetrofond Cosmic Storm Odd, clear and Hades. You can't tell from the pic, but it has all sorts of coppery sparkle running through it that looks especially nice in the sunlight...

2 comments:

  1. the cims hades and dark ivory beads are really cool. it's so much fun when you let the glass to 'all' the work. i just clicked in here from a link on color addiction - your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I really appreciate your comments! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...