Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beads of Courage

Over the past several weeks, I've been squeezing in time to make beads for a really special charity organization that I discovered about a month ago, called Beads of Courage. My dad passed away from lung cancer about 9 years ago, so any organization that fights to find a cure or helps families dealing with cancer is close to my heart. And when it focuses on helping sick children, well, that's an even bigger emotional bond for me and I want to try and help any way I can.

Check out this touching video that explains what this great organization does:



How those children can face such a terrible illness with such bravery and optimism is beyond my comprehension…I just wanna reach out and hug each and every one of them! My goal is to make and send them at least 50 beads for my first contribution and so far, I have 32 finished. I'll post some pics when I reach my goal, k? For any of you fellow lampworkers out there, I would love to encourage you to do the same! *Ü*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...