Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Glassy Weekend Retreat

This past weekend I got to attend the second annual ISGB Retreat for our region at Frantz Art Glass in Shelton, WA. I had a great time, visiting with old and new friends who share my addiction (ahem!) love of glass beadmaking. There were plenty of demos and mini seminars on topics like silver glass, photography, and jewelry making. My favorite ones were the ones on how to take better photos of our beads and another one where we got to make a Byzantine chain bracelet. My other favorite part of the event—of course—was the shopping! Despite my best intentions, assurances to my family, and threats to friends if they "enabled" me from straying from my little list, I ended up taking home quite a large stash of goodies. *sigh* I swear, I think I'm addicted to the beautiful colors and transparent glow of the glass rods even more than I am to melting them! Maybe someone should start up a 12-Step program for people like me?!?? LOL

This is Brian McLernon, who was the wonderful professional photographer who gave us loads of great tips on how to shoot tricky stuff like tiny, shiny glass beads.

And this is the gorgeous copper bracelet Ellen Harbison taught us how to make. I can't wait to try this in sterling silver!

While I was busy spending Kraig's hard-earned money, he was being the wonderful son he is, helping his mom pick out and install a new dishwasher. His parents and brother live in nearby Lacey, so it was nice for him and our girls to get the chance to visit with them while I was at the retreat. I was bummed I didn't get to visit with his family this time, but am excited to try and make something special for his mom, Dora, for this upcoming Mother's Day. Especially since I have all this new glass just sitting around, calling my name to come out and play!! ;-D

1 comment:

  1. OHHHH Lori, your bracelet looks great.

    Had a fun time with you.

    Lara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...