Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and blessed Easter! I haven't posted in a while because I've been busy procrastinating on my tax return, but I'm almost finished and can see the "light at the end of the tunnel!" LOL

Speaking of which, I was thinking of how I love Easter and all that it represents to me and my family. While I appreciate all the pretty flowers, chocolate, and egg dying traditions as much as anyone, this holiday also represents a time of renewal—a celebration that Christ made a great sacrifice just for us, because He loved us so much. And as a result of that sacrifice, He gave us a wonderful opportunity for great hope! I love that part, don't you?

I haven't had much time for photography lately, but I really wanted to share something to help visualize that hopeful feeling. So I went through my archives and found some pics from our family vacation on Orcas Island last May that I thought would do the trick...

This one is of the sunrise right outside of the inn where we were staying. For some reason, I woke up around 5:30 am that morning and decided to wander around the beach with my camera while the rest of my family slept in. I was delighted that my timing was perfect to capture the glorious sun rising though the clouds, reflecting off the shimmering ocean. It was such a beautiful scene and you can't help but feel a sense of wonder and peace surging up when you have a chance to witness something like that! *Ü*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...