Friday, May 1, 2009

Tube/Bicone Bead Exchange

Participating in bead exchanges can be a lot of fun, and I joined in a Tube & Bicone themed one on the Lampworkers Etc. (LE) online forum because I thought it would be nice to challenge myself to make this type of bead. I have a limited amount of experience with them and nothing beats a good deadline to get me motivated! ;-D I ended up having a great time making my beads for the swap and discovered that I really like this technique and will definitely be doing quite a bit more from now on! Here's what I sent in this week:


I used twisties on the first two on the left, shards on the next two, and swirled on Cosmic Storm and black on the last one. The tallest black tube bead was one of the first ones I made and it was an experiment to see how long I could make it without having a total panic attack. LOL It measures about 2.5" long and after that, I chickened out and decided it was much less stressful to got a little shorter since it can be tricky to keep longer beads evenly warm in the flame as you're working on decorating it. My friend Lara Lutrick came over and showed me how to make shards last week and that's another new technique I'm excited to play with more.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of bead designs I get back for even more inspiration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...