Tuesday, December 1, 2009

You Can Be a Winner Too!

Yesterday I was thrilled to find copies of the 2009 Bead Star contest winners in my mailbox. You may remember my mentioning several months ago that I entered a jewelry design contest here, but I've had to keep mum on the results until the issue hit the stands. So now I can shout it out and do the Happy Dance because I won an Honorable Mention!! (hmmm… maybe I should qualify myself as having more of a supporting role than actually being one of the stars?! ;-D)

I'm pretty proud of myself even so, since I was told that there were at least 2,000 entries and only 45 designs made the cut. I'm also happy to see that I'm in very good company on page 22, where my "Ode to Chihuly" glass necklace is featured on the same page as one of my favorite lampworking artists, Kerry Bogert, who also won an Honorable Mention in the Glass category. A big "Congrats!" to all the other winners too! I love how there are instructions on how to re-create every winning design and there is such a great variety of styles featured.



As a special "thank you!" to everyone who voted for me and gave me their support, I would like to offer up one of my copies as a prize for my very own contest! To enter, please leave a comment here any time between now and this Friday, December 4. Even if you didn't vote at all (or—ahem!—voted for someone else? LOL), I'd love to hear from ya! I will put everyone's name into a hat and draw a random winner on Saturday (and you may even get one of my beads too!).

13 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo!! Congratulations my friend. You do such beautiful work. BTW...I voted for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...I'd love a shot at the extra copy!

    Lisa (Hearts category winner last year)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you Lori! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throwing Frogsongstudio's name into the hat, since she couldn't log in to comment herself! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a thrill and we are all very proud of you.

    Tammy (downunder)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool are you? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, me me me~ I love magazines! And if I don't win, I'll probably go buy it, just 'cause I love to be able to point at designs & tell people that I "know" the person who "made this"...(someday I'll get to meet all the people I "know" in cyber-life in REAL life!)
    Congrats Lori--I'm so excited for you!!
    ~luna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very happy for you, well deserved, the piece was very beautiful. You are an amazingly talented gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lori!
    You make wonderful beads and deserved to be in the magazine. You go girl, hot stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Any possibility of seeing the Chihuly beads on sale at Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jean!
    The answer to your question is a resounding "Yes!" *Ü* I've had several people contact me and I'm working hard to make several sets so I can list them in my Etsy shop. I'll probably post something about them here on my blog when I list them, so be sure to check back back soon! I'm hoping to start listing some later this week (fingers crossed!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...