Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Now that the New Year of 2010 is upon us, I guess it's time to review my last year's resolutions and see how well I did! *Ü*

1. Lose at least 10 lbs.
     hhhmmm...was this a typo? I think I meant to write 10 oz. since that's about what I've managed to lose so far! This one definitely needs to stay on this year's list! *sigh*

2. Challenge myself artistically and work on at least one new project a week.
     I kept this one with flying colors—yeah! It's been so rewarding to work on many of the ideas I've had floating in my head.

3. Finish de-cluttering my studio and get it decorated.
     um....well....I guess I've been so busy this year working on Resolution #2, I didn't get around to this one? :-( But I created a display of my glass projects on an antique dresser and managed to organize most of my jewelry making supplies in a great new tackle box I found over the weekend. Does that count?

4. Finish remodeling our kitchen and master bedroom/bath.
    Kitchen almost done—hand glazing tons of cabinet doors and refinishing the breakfast table is so time consuming! And we're still on the hunt for the "perfect" tiles to use in our bathroom before we get a contractor started on the job. I haven't been able to have a hot bath since we moved here because the old tub is questionable and I'm dying to take one!!

5. Learn to speak Italian better.
     I flunked this one big time! But Kraig says he hopes we can go back to Italy in 2 years for our 25th anniversary, so I'm excited to start listening to our language tapes again.

6. Travel to a new place with the girls and get their passports stamped for the first time.
     We took a wonderful drive down the coast on our way to visit with my family at Gold Beach, OR this year. It was such a great trip and we got to explore several places we'd never seen before. Still working on getting the passports for the girls...

7. Volunteer for a new ministry.
     Ashley and I are looking into being volunteers for our local Food Bank. We didn't get around to it last year, but are definitely going to try it this year!

8. Make time to sing and play the piano more often.
     I managed to eke out time for this throughout the year too, but not as much as I would have liked to. There was a time I sang for hours every day and I'm really missing it! 

9. Open my own Etsy store full of jewelry, paper crafts and other goodies I love to make.
     It was a struggle and lots of hard work to get it set up, but I finally opened my own Etsy shop! Yeah!! Things are a little slow right now, but I'm hoping they pick up this year, along with the economy. But I'm working hard at listing many more goodies and hope to list at least 3 to 5 new things each week. 

10. Post on this blog at least once a week.
     I've come pretty darn close to keeping this one too, haven't I? *Ü* It's been fun posting here and also on Facebook, where I've been able to reconnect with old friends and make new ones through cyberspace.

All in all, not too shabby, eh? This year, I'm renewing some of these on my 2009 list, but I also wanted to focus more on character building for myself, so in addition to the ones I want to repeat from last year, I would like to work on these:


2010 Resolutions

1. Have more of a servant's heart for my family and others.  
     I need lots of patience with two teenagers in the house!

2. Take risks in the face of my fears.
      I want to take time to do things like go up to a homeless person and treat them to a hot meal, even if they look a little scary to me. I need to trust that God will take care of me in any situation and not let my fears or inhibitions from my head override my first impulses of the heart.

3. Take over cooking duty for Kraig for at least two nights each week.
     He's the Head Chef in our family because I'd just as soon feed everyone Pop Tarts for dinner each night, but I'd like to give him a break even though he never complains and doesn't mind doing the cooking.

4. Look into submitting my designs in a local gallery or unique gift shop.
  
5. Go on a family camping trip. 
      Kraig and I have been wanting to take the girls camping since they were little because that's how we were both raised, but it's never worked out that we've been able to do it. Even if the girls come kicking and screaming, we're going to take at least one trip this year, if it kills me! ;-D

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this year I'm even more successful at keeping these resolutions than I was last year! How about you? I'd love to challenge you to make at least one resolution this year that has you reaching out of your comfort zone too—you may stumble onto a life-changing blessing for your efforts! *Ü*

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Hope that you make all of them this year! It can't be Pop Tarts....Ghiradelli brownies or Krusteaz cookies maybe. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley—you're so not helping my resolve to lose those 10+ pounds with comments like this!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...