Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What a Great Day! *Ü*

Whew! It's been a crazy day so far! LOL First of all, I was blessed to have someone bid on my eBay listing of "Bella Blossoms" at the very last second. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but then again, it was my first time and I know I was lucky to get some attention when there are literally thousands of other similar items competing with mine. I'm not sure how often I'll try the eBay route, since I'm not sure my heart can stand the stress of waiting for days to see if things go well or not. LOL Plus, I know I need to work on figuring out how to get those neat giant photo spreads like most of the other bead artists have for their listings. So if anyone out there knows the best/easiest/cheapest way to do this, I would love to get some pointers! ;-D

Secondly, I discovered that there's a movement on Etsy called "Hearts for Haiti" where members can donate their items and 100% of the proceeds (minus shipping and Etsy fees) goes directly to the Doctors Without Borders' Haiti Fund. I thought that was such a wonderful idea, and it looks like they've already raised at least $17,765.16 so far! Yeah! I was going to list this heart in my shop today, but when I heard about this cause, I decided to donate it to them instead. It's just a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things, but it's pretty amazing what can happen when so many people chip in together!


And finally, I was surprised to hear from a friend on Facebook that the Teal Treasury I posted about yesterday made it to the front page of Etsy today! And probably due to that unexpected exposure, the number of people who "heart" my shop jumped from about 14 to 42. Now, how neat is that?!?! All in all—a pretty doggone good day, wouldn't you agree? *Ü*

2 comments:

  1. On a completely unrelated note, I was doing inventory of my Sizzix dies for Hayley's teacher and came across 2 that had your name on it! I know someone famous! :) Jimmy will just roll his eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...