Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring Fever

Today I was driving into town for an appointment, and was thrilled to see the lovely cherry blossoms on the trees that lined the road on either side. Seems like they just popped open within the last few days around here and I'm so excited, because that means Spring is coming!! I'm so tired of all the drab wintry grays and browns and am more than ready for some color again. How about you? We were lucky and had an unexpected streak of gorgeous sunny days last week while Ashley was on break from school, so we decided to take advantage of it and planted some primroses together. I've never planted these before, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in our yard this year. Ashley likes to tell people that I only have to look at a plant and it dies—but I maintain that only applies to houseplants, because outside plants at least know how to take care of themselves. HAH!

   

But I also have some flowers that I'm positive won't ever die…

drum roll, please…

Introducing my new "Bitty Bellas!" Ta-Dah!!


You might be thinking, "Hey, what's so new about these?" Well, check out this version…


How stinkin' cute are they now?!? I stumbled upon these by accident (dontcha love it when that happens?) when I ran out of glass in the middle of making one of my regular-sized Bella Blossom beads. I loved this tiny version so much, I made a bunch more, including some that are even smaller than a dime that I'm calling my "Itty-Bitty Bellas." I'm so proud of these!

Speaking of flowers, I just started a "Fun with Florals" bead exchange on the Lampworker's Etc. message board this week. It's the very first one I've ever tried to hostess myself, so I'm a little nervous, but also excited for what I know will be a really fun project. I love to teach and share ideas, so I'm hoping to inspire those who are participating with some fun little design challenges and games. So if you're a fellow lampworker and love flowers like I do, I'd love to have you join us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...