Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Heart Happy

It's been a little while since I last blogged, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten all about you guys! *Ü* Life got a little crazy these past few weeks—including Katie coming home for a few days on break from school, my brother paying us an unexpected (and much welcomed!) visit, Kraig getting tooth implant surgery (ouch!), and my allergies driving me batty to the point where my eyes are streaming tears like I've been watching the world's saddest movies all day. I still haven't figured out exactly what I'm allergic to out here, but I'm guessing it's some sort of mold or pollen that is unique to our area, since I've never had itchy eyes like this before. Thankfully, I finally discovered some eye drops that are helping quite a bit now. (***big sigh of relief!***)

With all this going on, I still managed to sneak in some torch time in my studio and have been busy making some custom orders and playing with my new press from GoodGlassCo.com. I've been drooling over this press for quite a while, but they're hard to find in stock, so I was thrilled when Mag told me she had one I could buy! Here's what it looks like:


There's a handle you attach to one half and you can make the cutest little puffy hearts with one side and the other side has some sharp ridges that help create other types of bead designs. I normally like to hand-form my own hearts and will continue do that with the larger sizes, but I know I will love making these smaller ones for earrings, etc., especially when the Maple Valley Farmer's Market starts up again this summer. ;-D


And isn't that Reichenbach Pearl Pink color gorgeous?! It's another new color I just picked up and am really impressed with. It was hard to capture the true blush pink that it is in real life though, mainly because it has a shampoo-like sheen to it that is sooooo yummy!.

So that's my update for now, but more news coming soon, I promise! *Ü*

2 comments:

  1. Tree pollen has been really bad lately. Hope that you feel better! Beautiful hearts. Can't believe that I missed your booth last year. Will definitely have to find you this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shirley! *Ü* I'm definitely planning on having a booth at the Market for 6-7 weekends this time, so will let you know the dates when I know for sure, k?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...