Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guns 'n Roses

For all you hard rock fans, sorry if the title of this post misled you here! But there's a good reason for it, so you might just want to stick around for the punchline! ;-D

In between yanking out fistfulls of hair while I worked on my tax return (which I e-filed earlier this morning! Yeah!), keeping track of two teenagers, and trying to get motivated to finish up several home remodeling projects, I've been hostessing a "Fun with Florals" bead exchange on the Lampwork Etc. message board. It's the first time I've ever volunteered to do something like this and so far, it's been a lot of fun! We've been exploring several different techniques and styles over the past 6 weeks and one of my new favorites is a "watercolor" method that I learned from a new tutorial DVD by Dolly Ahles. I've been a huge fan of Dolly's work for several years now, so getting a chance to learn one of her fabulous techniques (and even share a friendly email or two) has been wonderful! *Ü*

I haven't had as much time to play around with her techniques as much as I would like to, but here's some photos of my second and fourth attempts (the first one is a little too scary to share! LOL)…


Hard to believe that's all made of glass, isn't it?! Now that tax time is finally over, I'm really looking forward to working with this style even more!

So, that was the "roses" part of my post. Here's a funny one that relates to the other topic in my title that I thought you might enjoy:

We were driving home one day and Ashley was bemoaning the fact that she's in the middle of physical fitness testing for her PE class at school. And while she does great on anything to do with leg strength and quickness, she hasn't been doing so well on the tests that deal with arm strength—which she thought was extremely embarrassing. Since she often likes to joke/brag about the "guns" on her arms (her muscles), I asked her,

"But I thought you had those big guns you could use?" 

To which she replied,
"I do! But I guess they're just for show—they don't really work!" 

*Ü*

2 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...