Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ode to Chihuly - Take 2

I was recently commissioned to re-create the necklace I made that won Honorable Mention in the 2009 Bead Star contest. Turns out, after nearly a year (from the time I originally submitted this design) my skills at making my whimsical glass Bella Blossom beads have vastly improved! My first flowers were much more abstract and organic looking, but the way I like to make them now is still fluid and natural looking, with a more refined substance to the shaping and striping effect. Here's what the new version looked like, just before I sent it home to its happy new owner:


Now I feel like I need to re-do mine?! LOL I'm also busy working on some designs to submit to this year's 2010 Bead Star contest. So far, I haven't had the inspired "BAM! What an awesome idea!" moment that I had when I first thought up this necklace design, but I'm hoping it will come to me over the next few days, as the deadline is fast approaching. (eek!) Wish me luck! *Ü*

1 comment:

  1. Lori, this design is really fresh and innovative.
    You need to show me the original, I really would like to see how you assembled it all in the back. I think and ponder and just don't get my head around it :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...