Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Beautiful roses are blooming not only in my garden, but all over my beads! I've been working again on the watercolor technique taught by artist Dolly Ahles and am really having a lot of fun with it. And now that I finally have the method down, I'm playing around with different color combinations—discovering which ones work well together, and some that definitely don't play as nice as I thought they would. Here are a few of my favorites:


I think they turned out so nicely, you can almost smell them! ;-D The only drawback is that each one of these beads took me at least 45 minutes to create, so at the end of one 5-1/2 hr. torching session, I only had 4 beads sitting in my kiln. There's just no easier/faster way to create this wonderfully layered, watercolored effect, but I think the time and effort is well worth it when I open up my kiln the next morning. All of these beauties have found loving homes, but I'm working on more this week to put in my Etsy shop and sell at our local Farmer's Market (only a few more weeks to get ready?! eek!) So be sure to check back later if you'd like to pick a special bouquet for yourself! *Ü*

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Lori, these turned out so beautiful! I want to smell and lick them. LOL. Hope that doesn't come across creepy?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Judith! *Ü* Smell them I would get, but wanting to lick them? Not creepy, but must be one of those funny German traditions of yours that I don't know about yet?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori-
    Those are just lovely. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I so long to take a class with Dolly! These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...