Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dreaming of Disneyland

I adore all things Disney and don't think I'll ever outgrow that childhood thrill of visiting Disneyland whenever I get a chance! So I was really excited to participate in a Disney theme charms exchange, and I thought it would be fun to make some of my own glass beads for it, inspired by the classic Mickey and Minnie mouse icons.


Aren't they cute!?! And while I was making them on the torch, I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to visit this magical place again. I often try and go there while I'm in Anaheim attending the Craft and Hobby Association trade show (CHA) in January or February, but this year it's being held in Los Angeles, so I guess I'm out of luck this time. One of these days I'll have to tell you about how I've been able to get in for free on three different occasions—but that's a whole 'nuther story, so I'll save it for later! ;-D

The next day, after the beads had annealed and cooled in the kiln, I cleaned them and added some silver and red crystal findings to create these finished charms:


I hope their new owners will love them as much as I do and I can't wait to see what other types of charms I get back when the exchange is over! I need to make a few more so I can make something special for myself too!

hmmm… I wonder if the airlines are offering any special rates on their flights to Orange County for the near future? *Ü*

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM PST

    Do you sell these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm sorry, these were made specifically for a charm swap I was participating in. But I do make other Disney inspired beads from time to time, so you're welcome to email me if you would like more information? *Ü*

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...