Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chocolate What?!?

My Ashley is a great baker and she loves to come home after school and whip up something yummy almost every day. I used to be the same way when I was her age, but unfortunately, these days making delicious treats on a daily basis isn't as kind to my waistline as it used to be (aah…to be young with a non-stop metabolism!). One of Ashley's favorite things to make is a recipe I got from a friend many years ago. She called them "Peanut Butter Goodies," but when I first laid eyes on the finished product, the first thing that popped out of my mouth was "they look like chocolate poop!" (an observation that didn't seem to impress her at the time! LOL). But she graciously shared her recipe with me and when I told my story to my family—well… the name "Chocolate Poo Poos" sort of stuck and that's how we've referred to them ever since. Not the most appetizing name, I know, but when you see this photo of a batch Ashley recently made, perhaps you'll see why I came up with it? ;-D


But honestly—these little lumpy guys are so delicious, they rarely stick around for more than a day or two and I bet you'll love them as much as we do! Here's the recipe, in case you'd like to give it a try:

Peanut Butter Goodies (aka Chocolate Poo Poos)

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 cups peanut butter (I prefer the chunky variety)
2 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions: Place sugar, milk and cocoa in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil vigorously for 1 minute (and NO longer!). Mix in remaining ingredients and drop in spoonfuls onto wax paper to cool.

My brother-in-law even tried putting one into his hot oatmeal for breakfast, and declared it was a hit! hhmmm… I think I know what I'll suggest to Ashley when she comes home today and asks me if I have any special requests?! *Ü*

3 comments:

  1. Oh my..those look SO yummy!! Thanks for sharing. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to see this, I make something similar that has been around in my family forever (and they DO look like chocolate poop) haha. Mine however are done with brown sugar and no peanut butter. I'm copying this recipe! Sounds yummy!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'll have to try your version too, Laura! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...