Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CiM Maple

It's that time of year when I get the fun "job" of testing some great new colors from Creation is Messy (CiM). Today I would like to talk about Maple, which is a beautiful, warm golden brown transparent glass. I love this color, but it looks just like maple syrup and makes me hungry for pancakes every time I use it! LOL

For a color comparison, I'm showing CiM Maple, Effetre Medium Topaz, and Effetre Dark Brown (from left to right):


Maple is closest in hue to the Dark Brown, but has a more golden tone to it, whereas the Dark Brown has a reddish cast.  It melts down easily like thick honey, with no bubbling or shockiness. When I tried it with several different ivory colors, I made a fun discovery:


Effetre Dark Ivory has a really cool reaction when applied over Maple and spreads and crackles like crazy when heated up! You can see the difference in the above photo, where the Dark Ivory is shown on the far left-hand bead, and next to it is CiM Butter Pecan and one with CiM Peace (white) applied. I loved the crackled effect so much, I made a set of them and think they are perfect for the Autumn season:

Maple Swirls
So far, I've found that this color is very stable and a dream to work with. I'm planning on trying it out with other color combinations and think this warm, rich color will work great with just about any fall theme or organic design. Yummy! *Ü*

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous color! I love that it's not quite as dark as the Effetre Dark Brown. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a customer perspective, the name "maple" makes me want to buy these beads. ("Brown" just doesn't do it for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...Yummy! Have you tried etching it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet, but I'm planning on it! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...