Thursday, December 9, 2010

Celebrate the Haul-idays!


Ever since I was a very young girl, I've adored reading books! At first I was really into fairy tales and mythology, then I moved on to animal themes and horse stories like "Black Beauty" and romances like "Gone With the Wind" when I entered my teenage years. Then I graduated to murder mysteries, science fiction, home decor, art techniques, and tear jerkers. I love to read just about anything (except maybe Stephen King, because he gives me nightmares!). And just like when I was a child, it's not uncommon to find me curled up in a blanket on my bed or the sofa, engrossed for the next few hours in a good book.

So when I heard about the special Celebrate the Haul-idays giveaway that Chronicle Books is doing, I was all over it! LOL Here's the deal: I pick out $500 worth of their books and put them on a wish list on my blog. And after December 10th, Chronicle Books will randomly choose a winning blog and one of its readers to win the shopping spree!

My wish list is chock full of artistic inspiration (because, really, can we ever get enough of that?!), home decor, jewelry design, European travel, and yummy baked treat cookbooks (definitely can't get enough of those! LOL):

Decorate by Holly Becker 
Treasured Notions by Kaari Meng
Over The Door by John Yang
The Handy Book of Artistic Printing by Doug Clouse
Adorn by Amanda Mansell
City Walks: Paris by Christina Henry de Tessan
Pretty Cupcake Kit, Projects by Shauna Faust
Sis Boom Notecard Book by Jennifer Paganelli
Very Merry Cookie Party by Barbara Grunes
Milk & Cookies by Tina Casaceli
Heavenly Vaults by David Stephenson
Cities of Europe by Laura Tarrish
Visions of Heaven by David Stephenson
Beach by Josie Iselin
The New Color Book
At Home with Friends by Michele Adams and Gia Russo
Craft Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco
Reprodepot Pattern Book: Flora by Djerba Goldfinger
The Illuminated Lettering Kit by George Thomson

The deadline of the 10th is almost here (I tend to wait to the last minute to get the best adrenaline rush?! LOL). So please leave a comment soon and keep all your fingers and toes crossed for both of us! *Ü*

7 comments:

  1. nice list too! I can't believe all the different fabulous books on everyone's lists.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:57 AM PST

    Oooh, lovely choices. I hope they inspire you!
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Lori!! I just did my List and blog post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of books!

    jowanjowan73(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choices! Good luck!

    cytljjb(at)gmail(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' your list! Here's hoping for a win!

    Mollydedwards AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome list!

    seasecrets @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...