Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Roses are Still Blooming

I know I haven't posted any eye candy in a while, so I figured I'd share a photo of a set of beads that have been sitting on my desk for several months now. I made them when I was on a hot streak making Watercolor Rose beads and they turned out so well, I've been hoarding them to myself like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. (Some mornings, I even look a little like him, before I've had a chance to pull myself together! LOL).


I keep debating whether or not to list these for sale, and I hold back because I'm afraid I'll never be able to make a set like this again. Already, I sit and stare at them and wonder how I ever accomplished it in the first place?! LOL I guess that's the conundrum of being an artist… giving up something that might not ever be able to be reproduced again? Of course, I know that the inherent nature of glass means that every single bead will always be unique, but still… I love these particular ones so much… my precioussssssssss…

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! And in real life they even have more depth and a great sparkle.
    Don't list them, if you love them that much!
    I have one particular set of beads that I just can't recreate and I still could cry that I sold them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! how did you make them! they are amazingly fantastic. I make glass beads so i know how GOOD they are - thanks for piccies.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. They ARE Gorgeous!!

    LIST THEM! So people like me, who love roses and lampwork and making jewelry can buy them!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, ladies! *Ü*

    Judith: I think I'm going to try and make some more this week and if I can get the same nice effects, THEN I'll list this set. ;-D

    Joyce: I learned this technique from Dolly Ahles's Watercolor DVD tutorial. It's awesome!

    Rose: Hopefully, I'll be able to list these, along with a large focal bead soon (assuming I can make more for myself too! ;-D)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...