Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CHA or Bust!

Camera to capture any celebrity sightings and friend reunions?

       … check!

Orthopedic gel shoe inserts?

       … check!

Handmade jewelry projects to show to interested magazine editors?

       … check! 

Extra strength breath mints?

        … check!

Carry-on bag with projects for my workshop?

       … check!
 
Towel for wiping off drool?

       … check!

What is all this about? Why, the Craft and Hobby Association Winter Conference and Trade Show, of course! Affectionately known as "CHA" for short, this is an annual 4-day wholesale event that showcases products for the crafting industry from all over the world: fine arts, general crafts, scrapbooking/paper crafts, fabrics, and floral decor. Think of all the goodies you see walking down the aisle of any Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics store, and you should get the general idea!

I've been attending this show as a Designer Member for 10 years now and every time I go, it's still an almost Christmas-like experience for me. I get to see all the newest designs and products before they've hit the store shelves, demo or teach for some great companies, recharge my creative batteries looking at all the inspirational ideas, network, and reconnect with friends I only get to see at this event. 

I took Katie with me 2 years ago, and here she is enjoying a "make-and-take" painting project.

This year, I'll be teaching a scrapbooking workshop for Momenta on Friday night, then plan on spending the rest of the show visiting with friends and power-walking the aisles, discovering new things and gathering ideas for articles I would like to submit for publication. You think I was kidding about the orthopedic shoe inserts? You try walking several football field lengths of concrete for 8 hours straight and see what your feet feel like at the end of the day?! LOL But it's oh, so worth it! 

I'll be returning on Monday, and hope to share some great "Friday Finds" and other news from the show later in the week. Maybe I'll even get my picture taken with the likes of Vanna White or Jane Seymour this time?! *Ü*

What are some other places or events you like to go to recharge your creativity?

3 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun!
    Enjoy & hope you'll receive lots of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! *Ü*
    Just got back and will blog all about it tomorrow! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...