Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beads of Courage Donation

Remember my mentioning that I had braved the cold a few days ago to make beads for Beads of Courage (BOC)? If you've never heard of BOC before, please check their website out and watch the touching video they have on YouTube. I first heard about and donated to this wonderful organization in 2009 and it has become one of my favorite charities.

I've been collecting beads in a special jar for my next donation and was getting ready to send them off. But then I recently heard about a contest Marcy Lamberson of Studio Marcy was doing and decided to make a few more beads to send in so that I had a nice even number to enter it. ;-D I made several of my "Magical Mice" beads that I thought the kids might like, but the weather got colder and I haven't been able to make as many new beads as I had hoped for. Next time, I'm going to make a bunch of animal prints and faces to send in…


What's her contest all about? For every 25 beads or $25 someone donates to BOC, that person gets a raffle ticket to win a GTT Cricket torch! I had a Cricket last year for a few months and ended up moving to a Nortel Mega Minor, but now I'm wishing I had kept my Cricket too. But even if I don't win, this is such an amazing cause and I applaud Marcy for giving me and so many other people such a fun incentive to help put more smiles on the faces of these children!

If you'd like to donate something yourself, the last day to enter is tomorrow, Feb. 28th and you can find all the info you need HERE. I'd love for you to join me in giving what you can too! *Ü*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...