Friday, February 4, 2011

Eye Candy

Hmmm…I was looking back through my blog and realized that it's been a while since I've shown some of my newest beady creations. Now that's not right, is it? I bet you've been starving for some new eye candy, eh? ;-D

Here are some sweet earrings I just listed in my ArtFire and Etsy shops today—perfect for last minute Valentine's Day gifts…

Pink & Black Dot Heart Earrings
Veiled Rubino Heart Earrings

And here are more of my European big-hole charm beads (BHBs) that I recently cored with sterling silver. These are turning out to be so addicting to make! They can be used for those popular Pandora add-a-charm bracelets, or strung on a ribbon or cord to create an instant necklace. I'll be listing these in my shops shortly, but if you have your eye on a certain one, please email me and I'll be happy to hold it for you. I am definitely planning on creating more of these and have several other design ideas I want to try soon.

Black Opal (the camera just can't capture the gorgeous opal quality!)
Mysterious (this has a lovely pink mother-of-pearl shimmer inside)
My favorite! An encased tiger bead with pretty brass scalloped bead caps
Pink Pearl (simple, but so pretty with a swirly shampoo shimmer)
Watercolor Rose (no, it's not painted on!)

This last one is a much larger, round BHB that I'm keeping in my own personal collection. I wore it strung on a simple black leather cord and received a lot of compliments on it when I wore it at the CHA show last week. I used the same brass bead caps I used for my Tiger BHB, but in a darker patina. If you love these too, my friend Ann Chambers makes them in several other finishes, and you can snag some for yourself from her Etsy shop HERE.

If you have any favorite colors or designs you would like to suggest I try, please leave me a comment here. I love a challenge! *Ü*

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori - your big hole beads with the bead caps are stunning - love how you added to the silver core - and your beads are GORGEOUS!!! Hope you're having a super New Year!

    xoxo, chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your capped bhb are wonderful.
    I really like the tiger one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all gorgeous!! But...did you have to tempt me with those roses again??? LOL!!! I can't wait til you make another set of the beads you posted a while ago. I love them the BESTEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jan! I'm working on more regular rose beads, and I promise I haven't forgotten about you! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...