Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Find: Frit Cups

Kind of sounds like something your Mom used to pack you for school lunch, doesn't it? LOL I just wanted to pop in today to share another one of my "finds" (and using this as a good excuse to procrastinate on my tax return!)…


I found a set of three of these little metal spoon-like gizmos at my local Goodwill store for about $.50. I have no idea what they were originally used for, but I love to use them to hold my frit (crushed glass) and anything else I want to apply to my beads while they're still molten from my torch. They have a shallow, wide bowl shape that keeps everything from flying over my table as I work, the long handles make it easy to maneuver without fear of burning my fingers, and they stack neatly away when I'm done. They could also be very useful on other projects such as to mix paint or hold small jewelry components. If you know what these are really called, I would love to know! *Ü*

7 comments:

  1. No idea what they are called but they are bloody brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They almost look like measuring cups, but they are the same size and don't have the measurements on the handles. Maybe they are random "scoopers." Whatever they are, they are clever and perfect! And proof that you don't need fancy equipment to make your gorgeous beads (so now what's my excuse? Haha!). Thank you for sharing, Lori! These are my favorite posts - helpful the lampworkers, but also just interesting to the non-lampworker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever they are, SCORE!! Good find indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! I still don't have a clue what these were really used for, but I love them anyway! If I ever find more, I'll be sure to let you know! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those are part of a fondu set ~ used to smother the flame on the sterno cans :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those are part of a fondu set ~ used to smother the flame in the sterno cans :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Veda! Thanks! :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...