Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Find: PittyPat's Burn Gel

This is a product I found a few years ago, but couldn't live without and thought you might like to know about it too? For those of you who work with molten glass or any craft that involves potentially burning yourself, this is a truly wonderful "find"!

Two years ago, when I was starting to get serious about lampworking, I bought a used Minor torch from someone on the Lampwork Etc. (LE) online forum. Her name was Patricia (LE name: PittyPat) and she included a surprise gift of her handmade PittyPat's Burn Gel along with the torch.


I kept it next to me on my work table, but for a long time I didn't use it (mainly because I am so cautious around my torch flame). But then one day *it* happened… I accidentally stuck my finger in the flame—or at least close enough to the outer portion of it—and gave myself a Total Freak Out.

For a nanosecond, I couldn't believe what I had done, but then the pain kicked in and I immediately dunked it into Pat's gel and left it there for several minutes while I berated myself for being so foolish and prayed hard that it wasn't as bad as it felt. It stung like crazy and was bright red for the rest of the evening, but I kept it moist with the gel and continued to pray. By the time I went to bed, the pain was starting to subside, and when I woke up the next morning to check on it, I was overjoyed. Because there was my finger… in perfect condition… without a blister or anything to show I had burned it!?! whoohooo!! I might have thought I had imagined the whole thing if it wasn't for my husband backing me up as an eye witness!

Pat's gel obviously has a base of Aloe Vera, but when I emailed her to let her know how much it had helped me, she let me know that it also contains several essential oils and other "magical" ingredients that make it perfect for treating minor burns. All I know is this stuff is awesome! And while I'm happy to say that I've only had to use it a few times since then (and never for something as scary dramatic as that first event), this is definitely a "find" that I keep close at hand whenever I'm making beads or using my kiln. I found out over the summer that it's also great for sunburns! *Ü*

I know this sounds sort of like an "infomercial," but I swear Pat didn't know I was going to post about this today, nor is she paying me to do it! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Great find. Thanks for sharing Lori. I'll order some of it because the Aloe Vera gel that I normally use fell down and the bottle broke (and it was quite a mess).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...