Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan Disaster Relief


I'm sure I've been like millions of other people who have been glued to their televisions and computer screens ever since we first heard the news about Japan's devastating earthquake and tsunami this past Friday. My heart and prayers go out to the Japanese nation and I'm inspired to do what I can to help out in my own small way. So I am going to donate 25% of any proceeds I receive from my Etsy or ArtFire shops this week (March 14-21) to the Red Cross organization and am hoping that my wonderful customers and fans will help join me in this effort!

I was hoping to also make some beads specifically to sell where 100% of the proceeds will go to the Red Cross, but I have to wait and finish up my tax return first. *ugh* I'm going to try hard to get some torch time over the next few days and will offer those beads for sale directly from my blog. With either method of sales, I will offer proof that I sent in my donation too, just because I wouldn't want anyone to wonder if I am trying to work some kind of Ponzi bead plan? :-)

Even if you're not a bead or jewelry collector, there are many other ways you can help out by reading this great online article from the Guardian.co.uk. Together, we can help Japan rebuild and recover from these horrible events as quickly as possible…

Edited to add: Thank you so much for the wonderful customers who helped me raise $16.50 from my Etsy and ArtFire sales this week for the Japan relief fund! I decided to double that amount and sent in $33.00. I'm hoping my acorn beads will find new homes and I can donate more soon! *Ü*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...