Monday, May 2, 2011

Catching Up…

Loads of good news to share with you, now that I've finally had a chance to catch my breath again! LOL

First of all, I want to say a huge "Thank You!!" to everyone who took the time to vote on my "What Should I Bring to the Show?" poll and left so many great comments on my last post. I was starting to feel just a wee bit stressed out and you guys really helped me feel more confident about what I should focus on. Now, can one of you also help me figure out how to squeeze in 35 hours of production time into a 24-hour day? ;-D

I thought I'd share a few photos of what I took to the Art & Elegance show. It's amazing what you can cram onto just 5' of table space! The corner we were in was a little dark and dreary, so I threw one of my Italian scarves on the table to add a bright punch of color. And check out my "baby" featured on the far right side—a new iPad! I had it on a repeat slide show of my bead and jewelry gallery the entire time and it really helped capture attention. My customers and I also loved using it with the Square app, which enables me to accept credit cards over wi-fi. (Did I mention how much I looooooove my new iPad?!?)

Interchangeable Bottle Stoppers
European Charm Beads, Watercolor Roses, and Magic Mice…

I also offered several versions of a new, interchangeable "Simply Stackables" necklace design that I've been working on for the past few weeks. I'll write more about these on my next post! ;-)

Bright Dots Simply Stackables

I had such a great time at the show and met so many lovely new friends—I can't wait to go back again next year! And while I was busy hawking my wares all day, my family had a fun time of their own: visiting the Portland Zoo, Powell's Books, and the legendary VooDoo Doughnuts. Here's what they bought for breakfast for the next morning… can you guess which one my girls surprised me with?

Yup! I got the creepy VooDoo doll with the strawberry guts inside! LOL

And finally, I am honored to be featured as the "Diva of the Month" for May on the Fire Divas' blog! You can read Part 1 of the four-part interview HERE. Maybe you'll learn a few new "fascinating facts" about me? Pretty soon, I'll need to catch up on posting all about my Hawaii and Italy trips too! *Ü*

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Display Lori. And I'd kill (LOL) for that creepy donut right now. I'm having my coffee and it looks like it would fit right into my plan this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I relaly like your bright green cloth, it captures your eye and draws it to your table.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...