Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pantone Color Forecast: Silver Peony

The second pink color in the Spring 2011 forecast is called "Silver Peony," which is a pale, ethereal shade in what the fashion industry considers a "nude" color, that has just a blush of pink in it:




It reminds me of white flowers like peonies and roses that have a subtle hint of pink in their petals or pale pink opal stones that create such a pretty glow. This is a much harder color to find in the soft glass palette, but I did find these options you might like to try:

Whisper (Effetre)

Rosalin (Reichenbach)

Silver Pink Premium (Effetre)

Pink Angel (Effetre)

hmmm… these are putting some lovely color combo ideas in my head, even as I type! How about you? *Ü*

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting color! I don't do glasswork, but thanks for taking the time to find such great examples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you soft glass artists have all the best pinks! :) I'd better stock up on some more of Momka's Whisper Pink :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...