Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Katie's H.S. Graduation



I know I promised photos soon after my last post, but with the fun and chaos of visiting with my family and then dealing with crazy seasonal allergy symptoms, I'm afraid I didn't get to this line on my "to do" list crossed off quite as quickly as I thought I would. But I wanted to share some photos and the news about my daughter Katie's graduation from high school last Friday and I hope you'll join me in celebration of this wonderful milestone in her/our life!

First of all, I wanted to share some photos I took of her during our family trip to Italy in April. They were deliberately intended as her "Senior Pics" and while I really like how many of them turned out, I'm kicking myself that I forgot to switch to my 50mm lens. We're planning on going out to some cool local spots and do another photo session soon to see if I can get some even better shots, but these are some of my favorites so far…


Just looking through these again makes my heart melt and I can't believe my "baby" has grown up into such a beautiful young woman?!

My Mom, brother and sister and their families all came up from California to visit for several days and help us celebrate Katie's big day too. We had such a great time visiting, shopping, sight-seeing, and cheering her on! And yes, we even managed to sneak in a few bead-making lessons! ;-D

Katie got to walk down the aisle with her best friend (and my "adopted son"), Kele and we were surprised and very touched when Mrs. Wolfe, the teacher who was the special speaker, pointed her out by name as one of her biggest inspirational Seniors of the year!

Katie, indeed, has traveled quite a long, winding road to reach this place in her life—and our family had a difficult time for a few years—but when she switched gears and hit the "reset button" of her life last year, she finally began to show everyone the results of the potential greatness we all knew she had in her. As one of the testimonials to this, she was accepted to Whitworth University, which is a very highly regarded private Christian college located in Spokane, WA (so at least she won't be going too far away from us yet!). She's planning on majoring in Journalism/Communication with a minor in Art. We're all SO very proud of her and can't wait to see all the wonderful things we know she'll experience during these next four years of college!

Congratulations, Katie!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Katie!!! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...