• The Handmade Top 10 Team Challange I last post about was a roaring success and the Fire Divas took 2nd place out of 29 teams!! YAY!! We all worked really hard and I'm so impressed by our efforts and those of our friends, family, and fans—especially considering we were one of the smallest teams competing for that grand prize!
My sweet high-school buddy, Lori C., was the winner of one of my Zebra focal beads for my Facebook Fan Page Giveaway too! I like to offer special perks like this to my fans every so often—so if you'd like to get in on the fun next time, please be sure to "like" my page HERE.
• Next, we embarked on a four-day trip to Disneyland to celebrate Ashley's 16th birthday, which was a blur of spontaneous, non-stop action and fun! I'll be posting more pics as soon as I get them uploaded from my camera…
• Then I completed a three-day outdoor show called Kent Cornucopia Days this past weekend, along with my friend Lara Lutrick. It was the first time either one of us had been to this show and while we had high expectations, we ended up not getting nearly the number of customers that we were hoping for. Part of it was due to our location and partly I think because this show was geared more for the commercial or resale consumer and not necessarily ones that appreciate quality handmade artisan designs. But then again, we did manage to make about 5x our booth fee, so it wasn't all bad! ;-D I experimented with my booth design and love the new velvet and cloth table cover I found just a few days before the show (pssst! Can you believe that it's really a shower curtain!?!)
And I discovered a few more neat items to dress up my display after the show ended, so I'll be sharing all about those goodies for this week's "Friday Find" post.
• I also was really excited to offer some of my chocolate beads, this time in a darling little tin, with a white chocolate version and several different combo sets. They look so real, I had several customers do a double-take to check if they were edible or not!? LOL I'll be offering these cuties in my Etsy and ArtFire shops soon, but if you want one now, please let me know and I'll hold it for you, k? You can get a great idea of what a finished bracelet would look like from the one I've started on the left side of the photo—isn't it yummy?! The perfect accessory for chocolate lovers like me!
• And finally, we're excited to have a foreign exchange student come and stay with us over the next 2 weeks, starting tomorrow! This is the first time our family has ever done something like this and we're all really looking forward to meeting Ana (and she's a budding jewelry designer too!). While she's away during the weekdays on the various fun trips with the other exchange students, I'll be making more beads and listing a bunch of new goodies in my shops, like this one:
|Golden Drops Heart Focal|
In the meantime, sending out loads of love and appreciation for sticking with me during my little unexpected "blog drought" and I hope you'll stop by again soon! *Ü*