Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bead Soup Goodies

The other day I got a package from my Bead Soup partner, Jill MacKay—and here's all the wonderful goodies she sent me:


Aren't they cool!! They include several beautiful things from her own line of sterling findings and some lovely green faceted beads, blue-green glass diamonds, what I think are natural stone lentils, and bronzy-green freshwater pearls.

I love the green colors (I'm a Nature Lover girl, remember?!), but don't usually work with crystal beads, so I'm looking forward to the fun challenge of seeing how I can incorporate them with my own lampwork beads and/or mixed media pieces into my finished jewelry design. The rules of the Bead Soup Party are that I only have to use the focal and the clasp, but I would love to see how many of these components I can use. That's the beauty of the Bead Soup concept—being challenged to get out of my comfort zone to try new things out and see how they can expand my creative horizons!

hmmmmm… the thinkin' wheels are a spinnin' like crazy! …*Ü*


20 comments:

  1. I am loving the colors of those beads. Very pretty!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with those.

    Linda B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will create something FABULOUS!!! Please post it when it's complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great package of goodies! I like everything in there! May just have to check out that Bead Soup - I noticed you have a link on the side.
    -RomanticThoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you create - hope you will post a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff. What a wonderful idea to have a Bead Soup Partner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely beads and lovely colors. Don't forget to show us what you make these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh, pretty Lori! Love the green colors. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea! I can't wait to see what you make using those beautiful beads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color green! It is making a come back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fun package!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely beads. How exciting to get mystery bead mail. Jealous.

    - Melina

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh--love 'em! i know you'll make something beautiful with them--i enjoy going through my beads, too--they're such pretty little things to look at---now for the time to make something with them!

    marilyn g

    ReplyDelete
  14. a challenge like this is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful color! I bet you'll create something unique to show us in your next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although I am not part of this current Bead Soup, I know how much fun it is to anticipate your bead soup mix and then to dream up a beautiful creation. These are gorgeous....can't wait to see what they become :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...