Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bead Soup Reveal

Ta-DAH! It's Party Time!! Waahooooo!!!

Today, I can finally share what I created from the fun mix of goodies that my awesome partner, Jill MacKay, gave me to use for the Bead Soup Blog Party! As a refresher to what this is all about, last month I posted about a huge blog hop event called Bead Soup that I had signed up for. It's run by the "Hostess with the Mostest" Lori Anderson of the Pretty Things blog. The premise of this event is we are all assigned partners to swap beads and findings with, then we make something out of these supplies, with the minimum requirement being that we have to use at least the focal and toggle that we were given. Then we post our creations on our blogs on the same day and have tons of fun visiting each other's blogs over the next several days (or even weeks) and getting "eye candy" overload!

Here are the goodies Jill sent me to work with, featuring several beautiful pieces from her own line of silver findings:


And this is the necklace that I created…

I think it turned out rather well, considering I was stumped on what to do until the very last minute!? LOL I used Jill's lovely sterling leaf focal, her leaf connector finding, and the toggle, and combined them with faceted crystal quartz rondelles and some of my lampwork beads. I had every intention of also using the pretty green crystals that Jill sent in this piece and even spent one night making lampwork beads especially to go with them, but then—as it often happens with the design process—I decided to go another direction and ended up with this simpler design instead.

I used different beads I already had in my bead box, which have a mother-of-pearl shimmer with shades of soft aqua, teal, and green. They pick up the soft green color of the little rhinestones in the leaf focal perfectly! I also challenged myself to try something new by using a more rustic wire wrapping technique, where excess wire is wrapped around several times for a more relaxed effect. I definitely had to work at this, since I'm a little anal about getting perfect 3-wrap ends on all my designs. And with the current cost of sterling silver these days ($40.50/ounce, EEK!), I admit it was tough to add on those extra few inches of wire! LOL But I prevailed and think it adds a nice touch to this piece. Plus, I was lazy and didn't feel like using my reading/magnifying glasses like I usually do—so this was a good excuse! ;-D

I planned to use more of the goodies that Jill sent me in at least one other piece, but I ran out of time to finish it before the Blog Party started. But I'll add it on to this post as soon as it's done, I promise! In the meantime, please visit Jill's blog to see what she created using the beads I sent her—I can't wait to see for myself! And make sure to check out Lori's blog HERE for the full list of the rest of the talented participants and get yourself even more eye candy! *Ü*

71 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! Whata a wonderful necklace!
    Greetings, Michi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a statement necklace, beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Lori, I think you did a fabulous job. I great marriage of your work and your partner's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft and delicate! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful piece. I love the combination of beads you chose to add to the beautiful silver focals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful soup you made my friend, your work is truly stunning!! Thanks for sharing & all I can say is yummmmmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with your soup!
    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, isn't that stunning! So much light and translucency in this necklace. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just so gorgeous! Lovely work and what a great piece to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes silver is pricey but for such a beatiful piece the expense is justified.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely necklace! The silver focal and lampwork combination is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, very bright and fresh looking with the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so romantic, and airy, and flat out gorgeous! You should be really proud of it!

    I hope you join me again!

    Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! You have created a terrific piece of wearable art. I like your use of color and texture, and I also love the color of the lampwork beads. Thank you for sharing your artistic process along the way. Cheers!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. your necklace is beautiful - perfect! But what I really love? Is how you arranged your soup - wouldn't it have been amazing to take that design and make a big pendant out of it that way? Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful necklace! Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty love the colors you had to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really beautiful! The colors are perfect together in this design.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG this is just beautiful! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love blues and greens together, this is a truly beautiful design with such a calming feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lori, Lori, LORI!!! I love what you did with your Bead Soup! Your yummy lampwork beads play so well with Jill's silver, and I simply cannot wait to see what you do with the rest of those luscious green & bluish-green beads! You GO GIRL!!! xoxo, c

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your lampwork beads with those beautiful silver components from Jill. Will definitely stop by again to see what you make with the rest of that soup!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That necklace is stunning! All that silver is the perfect accessory for those beautiful lampwork beads. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. great job sweetie...very delicate ;o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty dainty piece. It turned out lovely.
    Tried to comment on your partner's blog, Jill, but it wouldn't let me. She did a nice job with your beads, too.
    I love the delicacy of your piece. Really sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so sorry for being so late my computer was resisting too labor intensive:^)Very nice designs. And there is still time to sign up for the give-away, Just go to SandysColoringBox.blogspot.com Sept.16th blog and leave a comment
    Be blessed to be a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this Lori..the design is very complimentary to both Jill's silver work and your own beads. The clear beads work well, too.. a beautiful design.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely beautiful Ashlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous... this is the second creation I saw today from the BeadSoup!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's really stunning, your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lori, great job you did with your " bead soup"!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are very creative! I love what you did with those beads!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the idea of a swap and what a beautiful necklace you created!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful! You can't beat sterling silver and lampwork beads together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh Ashlyn, the neckace turned out so beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You did a beautiful job! That is a lovely necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful creation! A very fun concept too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That necklace i Stunning!! Love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh boy! that is so amazing! From that to this - that's what talent means!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ok, I LOVE this piece! Gorgeous! Way to rock a beautiful soup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. That's a very beautiful necklace! I like that you added clear beads, creating a fresh, crisp -- icy but not cold -- feel to it. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely necklace Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Breathtaking. Love this gorgeous bit of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  46. You added the perfect items to make this necklace sing! Gorgeous!!! So talented1 Soup-er great job. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous! These are totally "my" colors so it's really appealing. I'm dying to know where the great leaf connector and dangle came from - they are really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely, yummy, tasty bead soup you cooked up! What a nice job you did of combining Jill's pieces and your own lampwork. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oooohhh! Your piece is so very elegant and feminine. It has a touch of romance and some real sparkle. Wow! You did a really great job with this. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's beautiful. Your beads really show well in it. It's almost icy.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous piece you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  52. A wonderful necklace that showcases your very nice lampwork.

    ReplyDelete
  53. this is so beautiful and soothing! i really love what you made. i loved your partners too but i couldn't get logged in to tell her. she had me at daggers :-) i am in love with any kind of dagger and fringe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Very pretty! I love the soft colors and delicate design.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Gorgeous necklace!
    Love how you used the leafs.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gorgeous necklace!
    Love how you used the leafs.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Very pretty....the lampwork beads are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks for having left a comment on my blog during the One World One Heart event. Maybe you want to check out my Oktoberfest giveaway . It would be nice to welcome you back to my blog.

    Greetings from Munich, Germany,
    Birgit

    PS: What a stunning necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  59. You made such a romantic and subtle and subtle necklace. Really nice!
    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  60. Perfectly set in silver, those lampwork beads are stunning. Great soup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...