Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Custom Made Challenges

I don't know if it's the upcoming holiday season or what, but one of the reasons I've been so busy these days is the rash of custom designs I've been commissioned to do over the past month or so. And I've been having so much fun with them! I know a lot of my artistic friends don't like to do them, but I'm one of those weird artists who actually loves the challenge of doing something different by request. Some of my best ideas and new designs have been born as a result of these fun collaborations with my customers! Here are just some of the cool projects I've finished up over the past month or so…

There was the set requested by a customer who wanted me to create beads that looked like the pattern and colors of her beloved Calico cat. After a few test runs, this is what she chose as her final design and was over the moon in love with them:


And this is the result of one of the other "Calico" test beads that I thought turned out looking more like exotic Ocelot Spots, and I ended up putting in my Etsy shop:


Then there was a set of cabinet knobs inspired by a customer who wanted some extra "glam" for her newly remodeled Mermaid-themed bathroom. We met while I was vending at a local craft show and after a bit of confab back and forth, and experimenting in my studio, I came up with this design featuring transparent pale aqua over sparkling silver foil, with "ripples" across the tops that mimic the look of movement in the water…


Making unique European Charm beads (aka "big hole beads") for those add-on charm bracelets like Pandora and Troll has also been a popular request, including the fun challenge of creating this Bat design, which consisted of two logos on a tiny 15mm diameter bead. It took me several tries to get it right, but "third time was the charm!"…(literally! LOL)


And remember my post about the Paw Print beads I made for a customer who wanted them to be as tiny as possible to work with her pendant design? Here's an order I just wrapped up for another customer who wanted colorful swirled backgrounds, similar to what she had seen in some of my other bead designs:


I loved playing around with the mix of colors so much, I'm planning on creating more sets with this type of background pattern too!

One of the best rewards after completing a custom design is hearing back from a customer who is obviously delirious with joy over their special beads, especially after they've arrived and they can see and touch them in person. Who knew that such a small item could bring so much happiness?! So if you're looking for a unique set of beads or a finished jewelry design, feel free to contact me any time about creating something special just for you. As you should be able to tell by now, my attitude is: Bring It On! *Ü*

5 comments:

  1. Those cabinet knobs are fabulous. I want some cabinets now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your batman piece is GREAT..You should be proud..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Jen and Lisa! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:45 AM PDT

    Can you buy the batman piece??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Batman bead shown here sold already, but I can make another one for you! Please email me (my link is in my Profile at the top right corner) or you can convo me through my Etsy shop at www.LoriBergmann.etsy.com. Thank you! *Ü*

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...