Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Directions

The New Year came in to our home with a quiet night of watching the fireworks over the Seattle Space Needle on our TV while our two girls celebrated into the wee hours with the church youth group. Maybe not the rousing party night that a lot of people love to do on New Year's Eve, but it suited my hubby and me just fine! LOL

But don't let appearances fool you! I have BIG plans for 2012 and am working on introducing several new things very soon, including a series of my handmade lampwork hollow pendants, filled with a variety of gorgeous goodies like this one:

Filled with silver glitter beads and finished with sterling plated bead caps.

I was inspired to create this series after visiting Venice last year and seeing similar Murano glass designs in high-end jewelry store windows. I totally fell in love with their classic simplicity and elegance and knew I just had to try something like that myself. The Murano designs didn't have a sterling silver tube core like mine does (the same that I use in all my European Charm beads), but I love the idea of being able to easily string my modified design onto any type of chain, silk ribbon, leather cording, etc. to change up the look.

This is the first one of its kind for me, and the camera just can't do justice to the beautiful clarity of the clear hollow bead, and the sparkle of the silver mix that flows freely inside as you move. I already have dozens of ideas buzzing around my head on what else to fill them with, such as other color combinations of glitter and sequins, tiny ocean treasures, a lock of hair for a custom order…the possibilities are endless!

I'm temporarily calling them my "Treasure Keepers" but am not sure if that will be the permanent name of this series or not. So I'd love to hear any ideas you might have to help me out! *Ü*

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE these beads! I love things that are dynamic and move around! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piece is so pretty! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is fantastic - I can see why you liked them so much. I LOVE them! I might have to get one of those. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just took my breath away! I definitely sighed! Congrats on your creative piece as well as stunning photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bead, what a nifty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see what other designs you develop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous beads, can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooooow Amazing !!! I ♥ It
    Good Luck with your new designs I'm sure they will be nice as this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new line looks wonderful. I'm sure it will be wildly successful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a GREAT idea! I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, that's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...