Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pantone Summer Trend: Solar Yellow

Oops! Looks like I totally dropped the ball on continuing my feature of all the new Pantone Color Trends for this Spring. EEK! The good news is, these colors also carry into the Summer season—whew! So I'm going to try and finish up the list over the next week and I'm hoping all of you can help keep me accountable for it?! LOL

Pantone Solar Yellow

The next color I wanted to showcase is Solar Yellow, which Pantone describes as "…providing a jolt of energy…and radiates warmth and cheer." (That jolt is just what I needed to jump start this series again too! ;-D)

I love this color because I am not partial to primary colors, but love it when a bright color has a mix of something else in it to make it more interesting—in this case, just a hint of golden orange sunshine. This gives Solar Yellow a warmth and richness that I think makes it a great color to also carry over into the Autumn season. And that means our fashion dollars will stretch even that much farther this year—which is always a good thing, right?!

This little daisy button has a center of Solar Yellow, with slightly raised bumps to give it some fun interest. I used an odd lot of a glass called Pumpkin Orange by Creation is Messy (CiM) and think it's a perfect match. Wouldn't this look so fresh and sweet as an accessory on a summer headband or a cardigan sweater in the Fall?

White Daisy Lampwork Button

Here are some other similar glass colors to consider for making your lampwork beads…

Ghee (CiM)

Mystic Yellow (Reichenbach 104)

Doodle Daisies with Translucent Lemon Yellow (Vetrofond)

Opal Yellow (Reichenbach 104)

Yellow Pastel (Effetre)

I can see Solar Yellow combined with a wide variety of other summery colors like ruby red, navy blue, or tangerine orange. And in the Fall, it would add a nice pop of color to more subdued earth tones and greens. Now that the sun is finally shining more often these days, I think it's all the inspiration I need to make some fun new bead designs featuring this sunny color too! *Ü*



15 comments:

  1. Lovely finds! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful yellow collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find yellow such a hard color to work with... and sell. Great suggestions to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique Cozy Treasures - The yellow is great. I love the button. I guess the next time I need to buy buttons, I should look in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tones in yellow. There is always so much to capture in color and you showed us well in these beautiful creations. Hope you are enjoying the Summer, and thanks for stopping by. Beautiful blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the doodle daisies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing !!! I really love the Daisy button :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for all the lovely comments, everyone! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trending color, super bright and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I love this bright yellow! Perfect for this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the yellow trend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely color, too bad yellow is not the best color to put in a quilt. It tends to take it over, but maybe a little splash in the next one won't hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say I am not a fan of yellow but I am drawn to it. I like the brightness and how it can be cheery if done right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...