Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Roses are Red…

But this color in glass sure is difficult to work with when combined with fine silver because they react with each other and end up looking extremely "blechky" (and yes, that's a word—at least in my vocabulary! LOL) Fortunately, after much experimentation and many failed test runs, I was able to achieve a successful blending of these two temperamental elements to create a new Red Watercolor Rose series! YAY!!

Red Rose European Charm Bead with Sterling Silver Core

Red Watercolor Rose set

Aren't they gorgeous and sooooo romantic?! On the flip side, this color combination also reminds me a bit of "Victorian Gothic meets Biker Chick"?! hmmm…what do you think? *Ü*

16 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Looks like it turned out great for you, the colors are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm always amazed at the excellence in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Lori !! I love the combination so lively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new Red Watercolor Rose series ... definitely NOT "blechky" ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Stunning! What an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors are beautiful and not "blechky" at all. Great perseverance in getting both elements working together...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do I think? I think these are amazing I love the color combination and the roses are so pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  10. uniquecozytreasures - Those are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creations are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your creations are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just awesome - with red roses you will win all womens heart!
    Greetings, Michi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much, Sewinggranny and Michi! You guys made my day! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...