Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bead Soup #6 Final Reveal

Are you ready for some more fabulous eye candy?! It's time for the final installment of three Reveals for the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party—and this time, I get to play and share my own design too! If you're new to my blog or unfamiliar with the Bead Soup events, you can CLICK HERE to learn more about this fun annual event.

To recap, this is what my wonderful partner Barb Solem of Vivi Magoo Presents, sent me:


As you can see, I had quite a mix of sparkly bits and rich brass elements to choose from! I'm not used to working with vintage rhinestones, but I love the look and was excited to have the challenge to work with them for the first time. And this is what I ended up creating…

To balance the nearly 5" long focal piece, I decided to go with a dramatic 36" opera length design. I love how it turned out, but it's a really hard to photograph such a long piece! LOL I used some of the quartz and cream stones, faceted topaz beads, and the vintage rhinestone square spacers Barb sent me, as well as some of my lampwork beads and other brass findings to create two layered strands. I wire-wrapped each beaded section with a looser, more rustic look to mimic those on the focal piece. These transition into a smaller doubled up antique brass chain which is capped off with more of my beads and Barb's lovely beaded toggle clasp. Here's another view, showing most of the two-strand mixed section and the focal…


I'm really happy with how this turned out and can't wait to wear it to upcoming holiday parties. And an extra bonus is that I still have some of my "soup" components left over that I can use in other designs too!

Please click on the blue highlighted link (at the beginning of the second paragraph) to see what my awesome partner Barb created with the soup mix I sent her. This last reveal is the largest of the three, so please also read Hostess Lori Anderson's blog, Pretty Things to visit the links for all the other participants. But I warn you—be prepared for a massive case of Creative Inspiration Overload!! *Ü*





41 comments:

  1. Oh my.... what a wonderful soup!!!! THE most loveliest things to work with and you did them justice!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous piece! I love all the vintage in it. She has wonderful pieces and you really did great with your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lori! What a beautiful necklace! It's so much fun to see what you did with all of my ingredients! I made you step outside of your comfort zone, didn't I?!? I hope you had loads of fun creating this beautiful work of art! I'd LOVE to meet you one day! My wonderful Bead Soup partner ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For never having worked with rhinestones before, you really stepped up to the challenge! Your necklace turned out so beautifully. It's one of those I look at and can't imagine it being done any other way.

    It looks like it will be such fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a gorgeous piece! It has to be my favorite in the hop so far and I am not a blingey type of girl.

    And I know what you mean about the longer necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful necklace. Absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, vintage-y necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Lori, it turned out lovely. I would expect nothing less from you. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bead soup and you made absolutely the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous necklace....Wow! A real show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely chain work.Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing piece!! I can get enough admiring it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The necklace you created is dramatically beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. shiny and elegant!!!i like this necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding!! Your design balances everything wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The necklace has such a cool vintage look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sparkly, Vintage Glam! LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's gorgeous. Love how you used the soup and carried the sparkle along the chain with the clear beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Leah! Hope you're having as much fun as I am on this great blog hop party! *Ü*

      Delete
  19. I adore this necklace. The pieces sent in your soup were amazing. This necklace looks like it belongs to royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks SO much for all the lovely compliments, everyone! I can't wait to get to visit all of your blog posts too and see all your fabulous designs too! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderfully sparkly & vintage-y soup you received! The necklace you created with those ingredients turned out so beautifully. It just flows. . .wow. Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoah, goegeous necklace! You creted a wonderful necklace for that focal, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your necklace is gorgeous. I love the longer length. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rhinestones intimidate me too! I was wondering what you will do when I saw the soup...which is awesome, but so many rhinestones. The necklace is gorgeous! Very well balanced! You did Barb proud :) Did she make that clasp? Its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh you lucky girl with all that sparkle! I absolutely LOVE what you made and would wear it proudly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a gorgeous bead soup you received! And the necklace you made is stunning, fit for a queen, or at least a movie star!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a wonderful soup! andthe necklace is gorgeous, i love it!!
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  29. You had a lovely soup and that necklace is sooooo charming!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so unique. Love it to bits. Well done. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. So elegant necklace =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous, I love sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful piece!! Great job bringing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous necklace - love vintage and you did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is a fabulous necklace! I think you are going to have a lot of fun wearing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...