Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pantone Spring 2013 Color Forecast




Sheesh! I've barely processed the Fall colors for this year, and find it's already time to look ahead to the Spring fashion forecast?!? EEK!! I'm almost afraid to blink my eyes or I might find myself in the middle of Summer if I don't watch it? LOL

But for those of you who are lucky enough to be enjoying a more leisurely Fall-into-Winter season so far, here are new colors you can look forward to wearing this coming Spring. And this is a great resource for helping you choose clothing or accessories as gifts for this Christmas too! ;-D

To be honest, I'm not loving this palette as much as I have in years past—most of these shades seem grayed down and don't have that fresh clarity in tone that I normally look for in Spring. But I do see a few colors that I would definitely wear and use in my bead designs, such as the African Violet, Dusk Blue, and Tender Shoots. And who could go wrong with a pop of Poppy Red?!

I'm looking forward to challenging myself to see how many of these colors I can incorporate into new designs. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by some of the results and will keep an open mind to the possibilities!

How about you? Do you see any of your favorite colors, or get a flash of inspiration for a new color combination you've never thought of before? *Ü*

10 comments:

  1. Actually, Lori, playing with my logo image and using www.colorschemedesigner.com, I discovered last night that my favorite palette is very close to that Pantone palette. The first time I saw it I was like, "OMG! Those are MY colors!" LOL I'm so silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you go wrong with any of these colors?
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Emerald, Lemon Zest, Poppy Red, Violet, and Nectarine are my colors already so it should not be a big challenge for me. Looking forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - I like this palette too. I look forward to seeing your new spring beads, in the not too distant future! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say I'm loving the linen. My silly sister who has spent most of the past year in the hospital was the one to point this color out to me last summer. I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the lemon zest, but I'm finding it's not a common color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. uniquecozytreasures - We can all use this color lesson. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, yes, they are greed down, but I've beer ending that fragrance trends are woods, teas, and ambers. Seems they all fit together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors, very earthy. Thank you so much for sharing this insightful post. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...