Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bead Soup #7 Reveal…at last!

Wahooooooo! Today is finally when Reveal #1 of the fabulous Bead Soup Blog Party begins! I've been working for a while on my designs and confess it was harder than I thought it would be to narrow them down since there were so many possibilities with all the goodies my partner, Carol Dee Myers sent me. To recap, here is what I received as my "bead soup" to work with…


I decided I really wanted to work with some of the largest beads in the mix as a personal challenge since I normally don't work with that size in my designs, but I loved the idea of a bolder, more contemporary look. And this is what I ended up creating with her beautiful enameled metal beads, pewter bead caps, mini glass spacer beads, and the silver Bali clasp…


First, I glued on some of the pewter bead caps onto the front and back of two of Carol's chunky lentil beads to give them a touch of bling. Then I decided to add some of my handmade lampwork beads in a dusty coral rose to give a nice contrasting punch of color to all the blue shades, and added loosely twisted variegated coral and blue silk cording I found in my stash of ribbons I've been hoarding. Large twisted rings in between give the larger beads some breathing room and a chance to show off!


Here is a closer look at Carol's stunning focal piece, which she made by enameling and layering several dimensional flower shapes together…


And I couldn't stop there! LOL I also made a pair of coordinating earrings featuring a combination of my lampwork beads, her enameled flowers, and faceted rose gold crystals:


I think these designs are perfect for this Spring season and I'm also proud of the fact that I challenged myself to add in the coral color since I normally don't wear this shade at all. I really love how everything came together and still have plans to create some other fun designs with the rest of my soup leftovers—thanks to Carol, for gifting me with all these fresh ingredients to work with!

This is the first out of three different Reveals that you can drool over (see the next dates in the sidebar to the right) and the list of everyone who is participating can be found by clicking on the highlighted link in my first paragraph. But first you should go over to Carol's blog to see what she created with the soup mix I sent her by clicking HERE!


You can also see more of Carol's lovely enameled beads and mixed media designs on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/carol.myers.

I think she did an amazing job and I had so much fun getting to know her better and making a great new friend through this wonderful annual event! A big thanks and hearty clapping of hands too for all the ways that Lori Anderson makes this Blog Party such a pleasure, and for everyone else who is participating and sharing their cool design ideas! Now feel free to join me in commencing with the Droolfest!! *Ü*

77 comments:

  1. Great job, partner! Love the coral! So good getting to know you and working with your gorgeous beads. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto, my friend!! Love how create you were with your own soup mix and thanks for inspiring me to work with and fall in love with enameled beads! *Ü*

      Delete
  2. What a fun soup mix! You did such a lovely job pairing all of the colors and textures together. I love how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful for spring! I love the enameled beads - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the punch of coral with all that gorgeous blue! You were surely spoiled with this soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work!!! Earrings are so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing soup to work with! I think my favorite just has to be the earrings!!! I just love them!! ~KM http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-33113.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coral beads really make the necklace POP! I see you are going to be at the Whole Bead Show in May. Maybe I will see you there. Would love to look over all the beads you have been sorting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JuLee! I hope you do get to make the Lynnwood show and I promise I'll have a lot of great new beads there (maybe even some enameled ones too?!) ;-D Please make sure to introduce yourself and are you in one of the other Soup Reveals?

      Delete
  8. What lovely colorful pieces you made! great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours are so vibrant and fresh and the designs are great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing piece - I love how the colors just work together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab bead soup! Great designs, fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! You had beautiful components to work with and I really like how you chose to use them and the color you added to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pieces ! Love the blue and orange mix.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adding your coral beads was perfect. You did a good job with your soup, and that focal is so interesting. You set it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Like how you combines elements for your chain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm on the 3rd reveal, I'm partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP
    I really love your style, you did a great job with the lovely soup you received!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours in the necklace, but I really love the earrings! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the coral with the blue, definitely colors to welcome Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The coral beads certainly do make the blue pop. Great pieces from your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love lampwork and these pieces are beautiful. The colors make for such a pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, those are both stunning!!! Really, really love the design in that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the necklace , and earrings. Such pretty colors, and you designed them beautifully. The soup you sent was lovely as well ! I am off to check out what became of it :)
    ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great jewelry!

    I’m in the third reveal. Can’t wait.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. ~*Beautiful design work!*~ The floral theme makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmm, mmm, mmm - Lori - you did yummy things with that delicious bead soup of yours! It is SO cheerfully springy - and just perfect for the season (which has arrived?!??? SO not used to this kind of weather at this time of year!) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. stunning necklace. Beautiful soup you had to work with and just a wonderful finished product. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SOOOOO beautiful! I love the addition of the coral color. Might have to steal that combo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How beautiful, I love it, so light and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a beautiful necklace :) love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW what an amazing necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautyful soup and what a beautyful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your addition of orange to the blues! The necklace and the earrings scream happiness and spring! I love the addition of silk cording to the necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love these! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. My goodness - what pretty beads! Great job on the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You made some beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your necklace and earrings are SOOOOO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous focal and beads and you did an exceptional job of putting everything together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. fabulous.... love them very much

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow - so much beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your necklace. The coral and blue are beautiful together and you put them together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  41. beautiful work well done!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Totally love everything about your soup and what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That is a beautiful necklace, love what you did with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely beautiful piece! You are a very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both your pieces are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG, Lori, this is absolutely fabulous! A stunning design: elegant and beautifully flowing. I love the use of ribbon at the back - it brings everything together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful design, looks like springtime. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Stunning creations!Congratulations, they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. great design..! love your pieces..!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Looove your necklace!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  51. So beautiful, ♥ love the necklace in Springtime colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow, what gorgeous designs! I love the symmetry/asymmetry of the bead placement in the necklace, the focal is just perfect and the ribbons, everything! the whimsical and fun earrings are totally cute

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very beautiful necklace! Feels very 'Ocean' and perfect for summer! Love your earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  54. super necklace! i admire!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Very clever and pleasing you gave just the right space between elements that didn't crowd that amazing focal.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love that necklace! I seriously love how you created with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gorgeous piece! I really like your mix of colors! really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Drooling over your soup! I like that you paired the blue with the coral. So summery.

    ReplyDelete
  59. FABULOUS necklace! I really like the idea of adding that touch of silver to the beads, and the slight asymmetry of the arrangement. The focal is fantastic. Great use of the fiber in back to tie all the colors together and make it comfortable to wear. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lori your necklace is beautiful. You did a great job with your soup. I Love that focal. Congrats on your studio redo.

    ReplyDelete
  61. That necklace is amazing! You did an amazing job and those earrings are the perfect balance of sweet and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  62. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that necklace! Those are my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lori - you outdid yourself this time! The mixed use of ingredients you received and your own wonderful lampwork beads is fabulous! Love the colors too! You're so incredibly talented :-)

    ReplyDelete
  64. I was so looking forward to your reveal because I lusted after your soup! You did an AMAZING job and I would be so happy to wear this beautiful necklace. LOVE.

    Thanks for coming to the party, and I apologize for the delay

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great design in fresh, fun colours.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Two stunning pieces of jewellery, love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Your soup was so yummy!! And, I really adore what you created. The palette you came up with is beautiful and unexpected. The airy-ness you gave to it is just perfect. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...