Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Just Winging It

Spring is taking her sweet time to get here and our weather has been especially dreary, full of an endless progression of gray days and cold, drizzly rain. A few days ago, while looking through my idea notebook for something to snap me out of my Winter doldrums, I decided to try out some new bead designs that have been pressing on my mind lately…perhaps because my subconscious Muse has been longing for the sunshine too?!?


The next morning, I did a little Happy Dance jig when I pulled these great new Egg colors and prototype designs out of my kiln! I was just "winging it" (pardon the pun) on the Birdies and Birdhouse at the end of a long torching session, and didn't have super high expectations for them at the time—but I just love how they all turned out and figure my Muse must have been really inspired?!

I was so thrilled, the creative adrenaline kicked in and I spent the next day cranking out these…


…Cardinals, Blackbirds, Doves, Canaries, Bluebirds, Robins and Chickadees—oh, my! The Birdhouses are inspired by quaint English cottages and imaginary fairy homes, hidden away in secret forest glades. And I still have a ton of other great ideas pecking around in my head, anxious to be the next ones that come to life on my torch. I don't normally do a lot of "cute" beads, but these little guys are so cheerful looking, I can wait more patiently for Spring to finally arrive while I hold them in my hands or turn them into jewelry.

I've decided to call this new series "Wings" and it will include all my lampwork glass eggs, birds, birdhouses, and any other designs I create that go with the Bird theme. So if you love these as much as I do, feel free to visit my Facebook page HERE or my Etsy shop HERE, where you can get a sneak peek at my newest beads or snag a favorite for your very own! *Ü*

Robin

Rustic Coral Birdhouse

Green Speckled Bird Eggs

What are your favorite birds or related things that you would love to see made into a bead?



11 comments:

  1. Hi, I'd love to see a Barn and Rooster beads. I love the birdhouses, they are so cute. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are GREAT suggestions to try, Lori! Thanks so much! *Ü*

      Delete
  2. Love the birdhouses, maybe some garden gnomes? or flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh…a Garden Gnome would be a fun challenge!*Ü*

      Delete
  3. Love them all! Very fun designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable. I really like the birdhouses, but the beads are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome, Lori! You really nailed it on the "cuteness" factor!! Totally LOVE them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing! I really love the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the speckled birds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...