Saturday, June 15, 2013

Inspired Design Challenge No. 2

Are you ready for the next creative push?! I'd like to invite you join me in a fun new venture I'm calling the Inspired Design Challenge! On the 1st and 15th of each month, I will post a photo and during the time period in between, I would like to challenge you and myself to create one finished design or set of something based on how it inspired you. Of course, you're always welcome to create more than one thing to share, but depending on space and time, I will help promote at least one.

Here is the inspiration photo for Challenge No. 2:


This is a photo I took when my Hyacinths were blooming earlier this Spring. They are one of my favorite flowers and their perfume is so heavenly, I wish they would bloom all year round! Flowers rank very high as my "go to" design AND color inspiration, so I just had to sneak this one in before the Spring season is over!

Guidelines to Play:
  • Your creative inspiration can come from the colors, textures, subject matter, or even the feeling or memory that you received when you first saw the Challenge photo.
  • Anything goes as far as materials used—it doesn't matter if you like to work in glass like me, or prefer a different medium like clay or paint. I would love to see a variety of items, whether it be a bead, knitted scarf, jewelry, painted canvas, pen doodle—whatever your Muse is itching to make!
  • If you have a set of coordinating projects like a necklace and earrings, please submit a group photo of them with just one link to share.
  • Please keep your designs to a decent subject matter (i.e. no provocative artwork) and nothing politically motivated. 

Submission Deadline:
  • Post a comment with a link to your finished project as soon as you can between now and Saturday, June 29th.
 Throughout the week I will share my on-going projects, as well as yours, on my Facebook page HERE, my Pinterest board HERE, or on the next Challenge blog post. So if you can add your finished project as soon as you can, that way I hope to be able to spread out my posts over the duration of the Challenge instead of one giant update. And don't forget to give details on what you used to make it and how the photo inspired you!

Looking forward to seeing your new creations and please feel free to spread the word to all your artsy friends too! *Ü*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, I just posted my contribution:

    http://angazabychanges.blogspot.nl

    Best wishes, Dini

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...