Sunday, July 14, 2013

Design Challenge No. 3 Reveal

I was pretty excited about this Challenge, since the bubbles in the water instantly inspired me to try out a neat technique I've been wanting to work on. But I ended up dealing with several migraines throughout this past week, so I wasn't able to play as much as I wanted to. Katie and I also had a little Mom+Daughter getaway planned for this past weekend that I was really looking forward to.

To recap, here is the Inspiration photo for Challenge No. 3:


And here are the beads I managed to make before we left (and we had a wonderful time, so more about our trip in another post!)


Aren't they fun? I used several transparent colors from the photo palette and the little bubbles were created by adding baking soda as the bead was formed on the mandrel, then trapping them with another layer of glass. I need a little more practice to get the bubbles bigger (like the yellow bead second from the left), but not bad for one of my first tries, eh? The aqua ones look much nicer in person than I was able to capture on camera too.

I was going to make a few more matched pair beads that I could turn into earrings, but I ran out of time before we left for our trip. But I'm still planning on making more of these, since we have a few more months left of summer and I think they would make some great jewelry designs!

Even if you weren't able to participate in this Challenge, you are still more than welcome to post a link in the comments section to any project you make that was inspired by this photo. It's never too late to share things to inspire each other and spark some creativity! *Ü*


1 comment:

  1. Lori, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Here's the bracelet design I came up with for challenge #3. http://www.javabead.com/item_390/Refresh--Artisan-Lampwork-Bead-Bracelet.htm

    XO
    Dhea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...