Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Design Challenge No. 4 Reveal

 To recap, here is the inspiration photo behind Challenge No. 4…


This Challenge was a fun one, since it has a lot of colors that really appeal to me, as well as a Beachy theme (always near and dear to my heart!). A lot of people seemed to like it too, judging from the great comments on my Facebook page, but sadly, they weren't able to participate after all. I totally understand since this is Summer when all the kids are out of school and vacation season is in full swing. 

But designer Dini Bruinsma came through with a stunning necklace design within hours of my posting the Challenge—a world record response! LOL It turns out she had just completed it the day before, but we must have been on the same wavelength, because it goes perfectly with the Challenge colors and natural vibe.


I love how she was able to mix up so many different elements, but the soft colors are what keeps everything in harmony. I would wear this in a heartbeat!

I was inspired to work on some more of my Sea Urchin beads, but tried something new by adding powdered enamels to give the illusion of the subtle shading and texture shown in the photo. Some were more successful than others, but then that's the fun of playing, right? Will definitely be doing some further exploration with enamels from now!


I also created a "statement" necklace using similar shades of the purple and olive green in the photo. All the beads are hollow, so even though they have a bold presence, they are very lightweight (think hollow Urchin shells). The center focal was also inspired by the Urchins, but I went for a more abstract design with the dimensional bumps. I really love how it turned out and will probably keep it for myself!

"Verona" Necklace - featuring my glass hollow beads and sterling silver accents

I hope you enjoy these projects too and if you make something later on because of the Challenge photo, you're more than welcome to share it here in the comments and I will still help share it on my Pinterest for you.

Also, I think I'll take a break for the month of August since I have kiddos to get ready for college (two at the same time—oy!), so the next Challenge will begin again on September 1st. Stay tuned for some more good stuff! *Ü*


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...