Friday, July 5, 2013

Hearts of Stone?

Our July 4th holiday was a pretty laid back one, starting out with a pleasant day trip up to Alki Beach in the Seattle area and ending with the annual fireworks show(s) over our neighborhood lake.

The beach was one we had never visited before and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when we first got there and I saw that it was one of those typical Washington beaches that was more rock than sand, with almost no shells or beach glass to hunt for like I normally do. But I decided to turn it into a fun search for pretty rocks and was so excited when we found these 3 heart shaped ones during the course of our "treasure hunt."



The one in the middle is my favorite and looks more heart-like in the hand than I could capture with this camera angle—makes a great paperweight too! And now I think I have a new collection I'll be adding to whenever I visit other beaches!

Don't you just love it when a potential big disappointment can be turned into an unexpected joy? You just need to keep an open heart (no pun intended) and be ready to try a few spontaneous U-turns! *Ü*


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...