Friday, September 13, 2013

Bonkers for Berries


I try participate in local craft shows whenever I can because I love meeting my customers in person and seeing their faces light up when they discover new at my booth. This has been my third summer with the Issaquah Farmers Market and I can't believe it took me so long to think of making Berry beads to sell there?! (Fresh Farm Produce + Glass Beads = Berries…Duh, right?!) I first started out making Strawberries, which are one of my favorite summer fruits…


Then, a little while later I added Blackberries and Raspberries to the menu. These are much time consuming than they look and I can only make about three or four in row before I start to feel a little dizzy from adding all those dots…


People really love them and comment on how realistic they all look. And what can you do with all of these juicy looking beads? Turn them into delicious jewelry and other goodies, of course!

Sterling Berry Earrings and a Big Hole Charm Dangle

By far, the most popular response has been to these sweet stainless steel Jelly Spoons, which is also a new item I started offering this year. The little silver ball at the top unscrews so you can also switch out the beads for something like a Pumpkin for Thanksgiving gravy or a Mistletoe Ball for cranberry sauce at Christmas! If you make your own jellies and jams (or buy from your local market), these are great for putting together as a unique gift to a favorite teacher, housewarming, or "just because" for a special friend.


I haven't listed very many of my Berry items in my Etsy shop since I started making most of them a little late in the season. But if you would like to order my Berry beads or finished designs for yourself, please feel free to email me any time of the year and I would be happy to make something yummy just for you! *Ü*


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...