Sunday, September 15, 2013

Inspired Design Challenge No. 5

Ready to be inspired to play again?! Now that I'm back from my summer break and the kids are back in school, it's time to light a fire under our creativity juices again! For this new Challenge, I picked a new photo palette from Design Seeds that really appeals to me, since I've been on a recent berry bead making roll lately (and who doesn't love raspberry red?!). The last days of Summer are upon us and soon we'll be breaking out the sweaters and thick socks—but for now, let's get inspired by the sunshine and fresh produce from the Farmers Market and see what we can create!




* BONUS!! * For this Challenge, I'm also going to give away one of my new Raspberry beads to one lucky particpant! YAY!! I'll pull names from a hat for everyone who comments (one entry per person), and give a second entry for those who submit one of their inspired creations at the end of the challenge, so please be sure to include your email or some way for me to contact you if you're the winner.



Guidelines to Play:
  • Your creative inspiration can come from the colors, textures, subject matter, or even the feeling or memory that you received when you first saw the Challenge photo.
  • Anything goes as far as materials used—it doesn't matter if you like to work in glass like me, or prefer a different medium like clay or paint. I would love to see a variety of items, whether it be a bead, knitted scarf, jewelry, painted canvas, pen doodle—whatever your Muse is itching to make!
  • If you have a set of coordinating projects like a necklace and earrings, please submit a group photo of them with just one link to share.
  • Please keep your designs to a decent subject matter (i.e. no provocative artwork) and nothing politically motivated.
Submission Deadline:
  • Post a comment with a link to your finished project as soon as you can between now and Monday, September 30th

Throughout the next few weeks I will share my on-going projects, as well as yours, on my Facebook page HERE, my Pinterest board HERE, or on the next Challenge blog post. So if you can add your finished project as soon as you can, that way I hope to be able to spread out my posts over the duration of the Challenge instead of one giant update. And please don't forget to give details on what you used to make it and how the photo inspired you. *Ü*

5 comments:

  1. I was inspired!
    http://www.honeyfromthebee.com/2013/09/berry-licious-design-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cool pair of earrings, Janet! Thanks so much for sharing! *Ü*

      Delete
  2. And I was inspired as well. I love berries, although I'm allergic to them. Love the deep red/purple colour of them. I made this bracelet with pearls, named "elderberry". and a beautiful lampwork bead from Grace. A wee bit of Swarovski, cause a girl needs to have her bling ;-). Some matching earrings to go with them. I hope you like it.
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/307159637056721159/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous bracelet and earrings too, Janine! A girl can never have too many pearls or bling! :-D

      Delete
  3. Hi Lori,
    Thank you so much.
    Here is my blog post: http://www.esfera.me/travel/berries-and-jewelry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...