Sunday, February 23, 2014

New Design Series: Verdigris

Well, as my luck would have it, another design series has quickly flown out of my torch as a branch off of my recent "Vetro Antico" series that I introduced in my last post! (Dontcha love it when your Muse is on a creative high?!?)

This new "Verdigris" series is also inspired by ancient artifacts, but more from the natural stone and architectural side. I use a Copper Green glass that has been given an aged surface treatment in the flame—hence the title of this series, as verdigris is the name of the patina that naturally occurs on copper over time.


These beads also have a more organic feeling to them, with natural striations in the glass, curdled reactions in ivory glass from silver, and fine silver metallic accents. And I'm loving the long teardrop shapes, created with my new Beadroller tool I got for my birthday last month. These sold out quickly, but I promise there will definitely be more where these came from! *Ü*

I would love to hear what you think of my two new design series and how you would use any of my beads in your jewelry? And please feel free to "like" and share my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LoriBDesign), if you'd like to get sneak peeks at my newest work!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori. My name is Kathy Stemke and I'm your partner for the Bead soup event! Your beads are breathtaking. I LOVE them. We're very different artists. I do lots of steampunk and gemstone wire wrapping. I'm just starting to dabble in copper folding and embossing. I do use beads in my creations sometimes. Here's my email: dancekam1 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Here is my etsy shop. https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageMemoryJewelry I hope you're not disappointed with me as a partner. I'm a beginner compared to you. Waiting to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM PDT

    HI Lori
    Love the beads and the Verdigris is stunning. Honestly I am not sure when you posted this as there is no date stamp only time. So I hope I am not to late. I hope to be purchasing more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! I started making these just a few months ago, so you're always welcome to email me or via my Facebook page to ask me to make more for you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and hope you will stop by again! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...